This course is a step-by-step guide to modelling and documenting your project in an Archicad environment. Learning Archicad can be challenging, especially when you do not have the right resources and guidance. Whether you are a student looking into utilising Archicad to complete your school project or an employee who wants to impress their boss with superb Archicad skills; I will take you through from creating a new project to publishing your drawings.
What You Will Learn
Learn and master high-demand computer-aided design skills with this comprehensive and in-depth course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Create an Archicad project
- Develop a comprehensive architectural floor plan
- Document 2D elevations and building sections
- Extract quantity schedules and reports from the 3D virtual building model
- Create custom Archicad objects
- Publish your drawings to PDF
ARCHICAD® is a Building Information Modelling software developed by Graphisoft. It allows you to develop a virtual building model, that has intelligent construction information linked to it. With different model views, you automatically generate 2D floor plans, elevations, sections, construction details, 3D floor plan documents and interactive schedules for quantity take-off and reporting.
The course is divided into seven unique sections. A residential house project is used to explain the various concepts and steps that are involved. Therefore, we will be building a project from start to finish.
This will cover project creation, a walk-through of the various parts of the user interface, project navigation tips, basic settings, wall modelling, door and window creation and settings, roof modelling, 2D documentation (floor plans, elevations, sections), custom title block creation, layout book settings and publishing to PDF.
I designed this course with the complete beginner in mind. The sections are broken down into step-by-step tutorials taught at a slow pace to make it easy to follow along and understand. With project files and PDF resources for reference, you will be able to work alongside the instructor every step of the way to develop your project from start to finish.
What Will You Learn?
- How to create an Archicad project
- How to develop a comprehensive Architectural Floor Plan in Archicad
- Documenting 2D Elevations and Building Sections
- Extracting Quantity Schedules + reports from an Archicad virtual building model
- Publishing your Archicad drawings to PDF